Monday, May 17, 2010

Enjoying More Paper Crafting Challenges

It's Pollycraft Monday and I'm on my second blog post for the day.  That's okay I've been having fun making cards and there's one challenge that ends tonight, I really want to get my entry in before the deadline!   For my card I used the Tuesday Morning Sketch #45 but missed that deadline, it's still a great sketch!  

Anyway the Pollycraft challenge is Summer Blooms.  I chose this cute digi stamp of theirs and colored it with Copic markers, cut a mask and air brushed the background.  This card is kind of out of my comfort zone, I don't feel like I'm good at using patterned papers.  Mostly because I don't have the card stock that matches or sometimes it's the markers.  I used the Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper pack I bought when I was a design team member with Clear Dollar Stamps two years ago.  Stepping out of your comfort zone is the challenge over at Tuesday Taggers and the deadline to enter is later today.  

Then there's a challenge over at The Crazy Challenge that started today and you're supposed to use something new.  Look what Mr. Brown brought me today!
I don't have to use air cans anymore for my air brush - yea! 

I can't believe how nice this air compressor works.  I'm not used to having the same air pressure through out the process, it sure gives a nice even spray.  Quiet too.

Have a happy Monday and I'll talk with you again soon~

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

Jan, this is darling! I think you did wonderful using that patterned paper! Great job.

Nana said...

Gorgeous card. The image is so sweet, but the backing paper is what I love! And now I'm jealous with your air brush sistem. :)
Thank you for joining us at the "Crazy challenge"!
hugs Nana

kariluis said...

Oh what a cute image and great coloring!!! Love the backing paper too.
Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crazy Challenge
Kari

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love the colours and papers.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Irena said...

Lovely image, wonderful colors :)

Carrie said...

What a lovely card. Love the vibrant colors of the patterned paper.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love those DP they are just fab

Thank You for joining us at the 'Crazy Challenge' this week!!
Hugs shell xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the DSP you used- and such a cute image- I really like the soft effect you achieved with the airbrush. TFS

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

I love this card even though it's outside your comfort zone! It's still pretty amazing! Thanks for joining us at the Pollycraft Monday Challenge!
Hugs, Marit.