Saturday, May 1, 2010

Pixie Dust Studio Challenge #20

Pixie Dust Studio challenge blog has an inspiration challenge going on!  The picture spoke to my girlie side with the pink gingham, greens, yellows and neutrals.  I love design and wanted to be an interior designer when I grew up.  That didn't happen (the interior design part) and I'm a lot older, raising kids and enjoying art in a different way.  I'm happy with that ;)

Back to the card...  did I say how fun this was to color and put together?  Challenging too!  Fitting the pink gingham in there was the challenging part. 

I printed this free April digi image from Pixie Dust Studio on my new laser printer and colored it with Copic markers.  Here are the colors I used:  C2, R2, E50, E51, E30, E33, E37, E29, E34, E31 & E29.  I told you in another post that one day I'd get brave and put some grass with my cobble stone path, I think it turned out pretty good!  Next I cut out my colored image with the Spellbinders Nesties Labels 4 die and set it aside. 

Now the hard part, figuring out how to incorporate the pink gingham...   I'd printed the pink gingham digital paper before I started coloring and wanted to use it on my card.  I also noticed an interesting scrap of green ribbon that I'd won as blog candy and thought that it might be a nice match to my paper and markers.  I put it all together several times before I decided it needed a pink card body.  The pink is actually Stampin' Up! Pale Plum.  I still needed to tie the pink, yellow and green together and thought about coloring some silk flowers then remembered my mini flower punch.  Perfect, I can get an exact match with the flowers punched from my card stock.  When I put the card together I used foam tape to pop my image panel and the mini flowers then added a couple of self adhesive half pears to the centers. 

That was fun!  Have a great weekend~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

too cute, love the road!!!
Trish

Kim said...

HI Jan,
I have been watching you ...LOL I love your cards. I guess I need to get with the whole digital thingy.

Hugs,
Kim :)

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card. Love the green shade..so springy! Jan, thanks for playing with the Pixies!!:)