Thursday, June 3, 2010

Operation Write Home MIdweek Throwdown and more...

Hello!  I have three similar cards to share with you today.  The first one is for the Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Midweek Throwdown challenge "Pot of Gold".  The challenge is to use gold on your card without using any kind of glitter products.  Gold isn't really my first color of choice when making cards so this is a challenge for me!  

I'd stamped a sheet of white card stock earlier in the week with this United We Stand stamp by Stampendous and wanted to use it before it ended up in my scrap drawer so it's the "patterned paper" for all three cards.  All three digi images are from MelJen's and I colored them with Copic markers.  

Back to the "gold" part on my card, I colored the yellow ribbon to make it look gold and used four gold brads on the corners.  I think I'm still going strong on the patriotic theme from the OWH blog hop this last weekend!
I thought this would make a fun any hero card for Operation Write Home.  The "My Hero" stamp is by Verve, I masked off the words I didn't want to use so I could stamp my hero on the dog tags.  There's also a challenge going on over at Kah-wink-e-dink to use six of something on your card.  I used six half pearls to try to balance my focal image.   
All three of my cards will be any hero cards.  This last one I tried the "out of the box" technique with my square Nestie die.  I wish I would have noticed the wing before I cut it off!   
I'll just have to keep practicing...

Edited to add:  The digi stamps are by MelJens designs.

12 comments:

jimlynn said...

Jan, these are ALL wonderful! I really like that first one. So pretty. Great job on all of them.

Maria Matter said...

fabulous Jan, awesome background paper!!
Blessings!

Irena said...

WOnderful card, I like them :)

Alley said...

These are so wonderful! They make me thinnk of my nephew who just returned to Iraq!

Carol L said...

Great hero cards - love the multi-colored stamped backgrounds! I would never have noticed you cut the bird's wing off until you mentioned it! Whoops!! :)

Karen Howard said...

Jan, these are awesome and what a great way to follow up after the bloghop!!!

Paula S. said...

Beautiful cards Jan. I just LOVE the background on these. Very nice!

Lynn said...

These are all wonderful! I especially love the stamp on the first card. You show how they doen't have to be difficult to be fabulous! Thanks!

helloholley said...

All of these are perfect,love them!!!

Sandy Hentzel said...

Love all of them! The background is great!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am loving all three of these cards! I have some of the images printed and will send them to my soldier to send home! I wish there was a favorite button on your blog......!

Deborah B said...

Love all three of the cards. How can I purchase the digi's you used?