Monday, July 19, 2010

Under Construction

Hello, I'm a little late posting today!  

We're under construction again and I've been working away on design team assignments so I stay caught up with all that's going on.

I have a card and some photos of the progress of putting new windows in.  This house was built in the 1970's and we've been working on replacing the old windows one by one to more efficient double pane windows.  My husband is moving the front window over so it's centered on the wall.    There are masking tape "windows" on the wall behind him so we could imagine what they'd look like.  It won't be long and we'll know for sure what they look like, I'm excited!  
It's getting a little gritty and dusty but I can live with it for awhile...
...and it's going to get dustier!  
The reason the drywall is missing is because I asked him to redo all of it in the living room.  
He does a much nicer job with dry wall texture  than I did years ago.

My card today is a cute image from The Stamping Boutique, I thought he'd be perfect for a kids card for the challenge going on at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps till this Wednesday. Also The Crazy Challenge has a "Boys will be boys" challenge going on.

He's colored with Copic markers, the checked panel is an old Stampin' Up! background stamp and the patterned paper is from a Making Memories pad called Just Chillin'. 

I don't think I"ll have a first thing in the morning post for you tomorrow, I don't have anything ready yet.  There is a challenge that I enjoy doing at Michelle Perkett Studios challenge blog so maybe I'll have a card later in the day for that. 

Talk with you again soon!

13 comments:

Carol L said...

You're so fortunate that your hubby can do this sort of remodeling himself! What a huge cost-saver and you know who to complain to if the job isn't done right! *wink*
Your card is really cute, and I love the little checkered flags!

Paula S. said...

That's a super image! Little boy cards can be tough to do and this one is perfect. The orange and black are great together...so unusual in a non-Halloween card, I just love it!

Alissa said...

That card is so cute. Love that you mirrored the checkered flag on the DP. It's amazing you were able to get this done with all that's going on in your house. You're a trooper! :)

paige said...

I love the expression on the boy's face! Too fun! Great boy card! Lucky you to have a handy husband!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute card! You won't be able to do anything but sit and stare out that wonderful window...

Laura said...

You always amaze me with your cards.I love this little image and color combo.

Louise Fox said...

Jan, The card is great (as usual) but the exciting part is the remodeling! The dust and all of that is hard, but when you are done, oh what a wonderful thing. It is only a minor inconvenience leading to a home that is spectacular! Blessings, Louise

1CardCreator said...

Looks like you will have some beautiful windows when you are done! That card is adorable! ~Diane

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

great boys card...love the LO & those checkered flags
Thanks for joining us at 'The Crazy' this week! good luck
hugs shell xx

Karen Howard said...

Not just boys either, my husband would love this card... totally a nascar fan! Awesome card, Jan!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a darling race themed csrd! TFS

Unknown said...

what a great boy card, thanks so much for playing along with the crazy girls!!!
Trish

Patty Gorka said...

We just went through some major construction about two years ago and I remember that it was not fun, but it's so worth it in the end.

Love the card you posted today, the checkered flags are cute as well as the little race car; perfect for a little boy.