Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthday Wishes

I have exciting news this morning!  I have a winner for the La La Land Crafts Beach Birthday Bash party favor on my blog!!  Congratulations Carrie of Stamps, Scraps & Scissors, I'll be contacting you very soon!

I think maybe my post title should have been De Lovely meets 365 Degrees!  Those are the names of the paper packs I used for this card.  I don't usually combine different paper packs but why not?  I seem to be drawn to the same colors or are those colors just popular right now?  I've been told I "think" too much...

For my card today I used AJ The Builder from The Stamping Boutique, he's colored with Copic markers and my layout is a sketch by Maria Bell for Christmas Stampin' All Year Long I saw recently on their challenge blog.  I used a Stampin' Up! punch to make the tab for the birthday wishes sentiment that is made by Papertrey Ink and in my browsing challenge blogs I noticed the Belli Challenge asked that you use some of your old forgotten embellishments on your card, good idea!  It's been a long time since I've set eyelets, I've gotten spoiled with self adhesive half pearls and Dew Drops.  I just knew I had these old Stampin' Up! eyelets from a bold brights collection of years gone by.  Do they still make Yo Yo Yellow and bold brights?
Challenges:
Stamps R Us - All Male Theme 
Crafty Card Makers - Birthday Theme
Stamptacular Sunday - Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Tails
Your Next Stamp - Birthday's
Penny's Paper Crafts - Anything Goes
I Did It Creations - Cute, Cute, Cute!

17 comments:

Annette said...

Simply adorable! Love the image you used & the papers are perfect! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Laura said...

What a perfect masculine card! Thanks for joining the stamps r us blog and being a partner with us.:)

Anonymous said...

Great card, love that little builder - hmmm, I may just have to get him, lol. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

paige said...

This image is perfect for my future SIL! Your card is great!

debb said...

Love this card! Such an adorable image and such great papers to set him off!

Peggie said...

What a wonderful boy card. Great paper and your coloring is fabulous.

Sprytebyrd said...

Great card!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our For The Boys challenge!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Cor* said...

Absolutely cute image. Great b-day card. Love that you combined paper packs! Thanks for joining us at Crafty cardmakers for our birthday!

Courtney said...

This is adorable Jan!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Jeanette said...

Cute, is right for this card. Love those papers. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations

Carol L said...

This is CUTE! I like the mix of DP, they're working so well together. The eyelets are the perfect embellishment for this great little boy image! I could be wrong, but I think yo-yo-yellow may have bitten the dust!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the image and love your layout. The sentiment is great with the notched tag. TFS Wahoo for Carrie!

Carrie said...

Oh I love this one..it reminds me of my little boy. He loves playing with his tools and pretending to fix things :)

Unknown said...

very cute, I always love seeing what you come up with!!! thanks so much for playing along with IDIC.
Trish

fionalawlor said...

Aww this is so sweet,i love the black DP. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Unknown said...

Great card, men are often difficult to crft cards for! Thank you for joining YNS for our Birthday challenge,
Angela x

Karen Howard said...

What a great card for the man in your life! Love the belt and toolbox!