Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Special Friend!


My card today is for the Operation Write Home Stars & Stripes Midweek Throwdown challenge.  
We have a sponsor this week, it's Michelle Perkett Studios!  Michelle has generously given us two digital images to work with for our cards for Operation Write Home this week.  Michelle is also awarding a prize package for this challenge!!

This is my first card for the challenge using Michelle's "my special friend" digital image, I think this little girl and her pup are just adorable!   She's colored with Copic markers and I used OWH Sunday sketch #30 for my layout.  It's one of those sketches that I'm going to have to try with lots of different images I'm afraid!  

Now... I think if you haven't been there already, you should link on over to Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps and check it out!
Challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - Aqua
Auds Sentiments - Anything Goes
Digi Doodle Shops Best - Anything Goes
Charisma Cards - Die Cuts
The Secret Crafter - What Are Little Girls Made Of

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card Jan. I love her hair. I am partial to red heads, I have a whole family of them. lol

The Sparkly Fairy said...

What a great card. Thanks for the lovely comment on my work. Thanks for the heads up on the OWH challenge. Not sure if I can enter this as Im in the UK and dont know if I could send the card?

Carol L said...

Oh, these card colors are just dreamy!! I love the coloring on the image, especially her red hair! Fabulous!!

Laura said...

What a cute image and you did an awesome job coloring it.I love the paper.TFS

Mel said...

This is just so adorable. Your coloring is amazing.

Mel said...

This is just so adorable. Your coloring is amazing.

1CardCreator said...

This is so cute, perfect with that layout. ~Diane

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, such a pretty design

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
x

Mary J said...

Jan, what a fab CAS card! Your colouring is amazing and really pops!

Thx for joining us at TG and hope you can join us at our next challenge!

Carrie said...

Love the simplicity of this card and that image is really just too sweet.

Michelle said...

Oh, Jan this card is so adorable! I love how you colored Emily and Sam! Thank you so much for playing along with the challenge at OWH and for allowing me to be a sponsor for such a wonderful blog!:)

KymKreates said...

Your project is outstanding! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best Anything Goes! Good luck and hope to see you again next time!

KymKreates
DT Coordinator

Audrey said...

What an adorable card! I love the CAS look of it. Thanks for joining us Aud Sentiments and don't forget to join is our new monthly drawing going on right now.

Martha said...

Arf, arf! Your adorable coloring job reminds me of Little Orphan Annie. Very fun and so sweet.

Tammy said...

This is absolutely darling!! I love how you have colored her hair!

Powerful Search Engine said...

I adore your card the colours are so soft and delicate. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge this week hugs Pascale

ThePurplePlace said...

Another wonderful card Jan! I love it. I went looking for this image in Michelle's studio, but can't seem to find it. I'll guess I better go look again.

Your coloring is always gorgeous and it truly inspires me to keep practicing and continue making cards.

Hugs,
Lisa

Karen said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Aww... so adorable! Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.

Sherry Hickey said...

Awesome card, Jan. I am so happy to be introduced to Michelle Perkett's designs!!

Vee said...

Fabulous card, and a lovely design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Unknown said...

Aww this is just such a cute card, love the simple layout. Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes challenge at Aud Sentiments.
Hugs
Dawn x