Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In Style Stamps Snowflake Chloe

I used Snowflake Chloe for my card today and made a coordinating backpack to go with it.  I thought this would be a fun gift set for my little boy's teacher later this year.  I'll fill the backpack with goodies for her and write a note inside the card to let her know how much I appreciate her.  She's had two of my three children in her 4th grade class.  

For my card I used Snowflake Chloe by In Style stamps, she comes as a digital image.  I made her 4" tall for my card so she'd be easy to color.  As I was coloring her jacket I couldn't keep the red out of the white snowflake she's holding and had the idea to use one of my snowflake punches to cover my mistakes and give her some fun dimension.  Where there's a will there's a way!  The designer paper is Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses and I just happened to have the buttons that go with the paper pad so I used a tiny one with embroidery floss on the snowflake. 

I also used a new die from Clear Dollar Stamps, the sentiment is a digital image from whimsie Doodles.  The backpack is a tutorial by my friend Paula Goff that she has on her blog Inking Addict
Paula vacations every year about 45 minutes from where I live and gets together with the local Stampin' Up! demonstrators to play.  Even though I haven't been a Stampin' Up! demo for several years I still get an invitation and I'm thrilled to spend the day with my stamping girl friends playing with paper. 
One more shot of the card all by itself for you.


We also have an Inspiration Challenge starting today at In Style Stamps you might like to play along in, I have the Inspiration Photo for you below:
 
Challenges:
Gingerloft - Winter

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh Im sure the teacher is going to love this gift.And look at those pumpkins,Very creative.

Annika said...

That backpack looks so cool!!! Must have been quite a work!! Beautiful card - real lovely image and gorgeous papers!!
hugs
Annika

paige said...

Cute card and adorable backpack! One lucky teacher!

Carrie said...

jan this is fantastic. i will definitely check out that backpack tutorial. i love how you used the snowflake punch

Tami said...

Congratulations:) You were picked as a top 3 at the Gingerloft challenge!!! E-mail me Alyssasmom98@aol.com because you are our next challenge GDT artist. Congrats and thanks for playing at Gingerloft