Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bug A Boo Stamps Spring Stuff Collection


I can't believe it's Thursday again or the last day of March!  Eight weeks from now our kids will be out of school and the weather will be getting really warm.  I won't think about it, I won't think about it, I won't think about it...

Isn't denial a wonderful thing?  
I know that if I don't think about the 115 degree temperatures that they won't just go away!  The part about the kids being out of school is their birthdays are rolling around again.  They'll soon be 10 & 11 where does the time go?

Maybe I should get to my card, it's Oldie But Goodie Thursday at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug and I chose the cute ladybug from the Spring Stuff collection.  I was playing with acetate and have a couple of other things that go with my card but can't show you today.  I'll post them Saturday for the new challenge at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug and that's all I can say about that right now!

My card was totally fun to make, I put the acetate panel through the Cuttlebug with the Swirls embossing folder, finished the raw edges on my card front with large black ric rac from a Papertrey Ink die.  I'd cut out my ladybug but it didn't look quite right so I cut out a circle and matted it using my Spellbinders dies.  It still needed something so I cut a red panel and matted it with black and added three black half pearls to mimic the dots on the ladybug.  What to put in that bare space you can see through...  I'd noticed a "from your secret pal" rubber stamp when I was looking for something else and thought it might fit just perfectly and it did.  That gives me one card ready for my secret sister too! 

I hope you'll visit the Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug challenge blog to see all the fun creations our design team has made for Oldie But Goodie Thursday!  I hope you'll check back here Saturday to see the rest of the goodies I made with the Spring Stuff collection too.

Challenges:
All Sorts - For A Special Lady, my secret sister
Crafty Emma's - Die Cut Crazy 
Wee Memories - Anything Goes 
Gingerloft - Die Cuts or Punches 
Pixie Dust Studio - Fluttering Wings 

8 comments:

Rae Anne said...

How unbelievably clever Jan! I love the emobssed acetate!!! :D MWAH!

Bonnie Weiss said...

So nice to see such a unique design, Jan.

Tami B. said...

I saw this on the Bugaboo page and love, love, loved it. If I did a "top 10" picks of the week, this would definitely be on the list. Super cute!

Chrissy said...

Very cute..love it.Very clever embossing acetate...great card.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

what a great idea!! i thinks its fabby!! Thanks for playing at CES xx

Gerda said...

hi jan

tht is such a nice idea! you always come up with so many pretty ideas, keep them coming!

hugs, gerda

Carrie said...

I love how you embossed the acetate panel. I would never think to do that. What a great card Jan

Taylor said...

How adorable, Jan! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixie Dust Studio!