Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hand Made By Paula Sending You My Love


Can you believe it's mid March?!  Me either...  This time of year brings so many things to my mind.  Our kids will be out of school before I know it.  My Dad's been gone 3 years already.  The hot Arizona summer is approaching...  were just a few thoughts!

My cards today were fun to make, I used Paula's digital image she gave as a freebie during the Operation Write Home blog hop in November 2010. 

I colored Paula's wonderful image with Copic makers B24, YG21, R22, R24, R27, C0, C00 and cut it out with a Spellbinders circle die and added it to another Spellbinders open scalloped circle die.  I'm not sure of the exact name of that die, sorry.  My layout is simple to showcase Paula's image.  I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to mirror the checked pattern and a Stampin' Up! border punch to mirror the scalloped circle and a handful of left over hearts from a border punch a little Glossy Accents and it's all done.


I have a second card using OWH Sketch #36 and almost all the same papers and supplies.  The other papers are Stampin' Up! Green Galore and a scrap of Jak Heath digital paper along with Neenah Red Linen.  The three hearts on the blue panel were pink but they needed to be red so I colored them with my Copic marker.

If you'd like Paula's digital image, you can go to her blog Handmade By Paula, she has a freebies section in the sidebar on the left.  If you do visit be sure to leave her a comment!

My cards were lots of fun to make using Paula's fun images and they're also perfect for our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps this week.  The challenge is to use scallops on your cards!

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Scallops
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes 

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Both are wonderful Jan! Love that embossing folder too. I'll go check out Handmade by Paula. Cute image.
Lynn

Paula S. said...

These are both beautiful Jan. Red, White & Blue is my favorite color combination but the addition of the bright green really makes these pop! Thanks for much for all you do as part of OWH.

Pauline said...

So bright and cheery Jan... I love them! If you'd like to visit my blog, today's post has something for you....
hugs and blesings,
Pauline

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love love the textures and colors you chose. I don't see your doggie from bugaboo so I will comment here. I love that sweet little guy....I made him a guy..haha