Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunflower Friends Easter Bunny

I have a couple of fun Easter cards to share with you today.  
I've been working on getting a box of Easter cards ready for Operation Write Home, the deadline to get our Easter cards to our shippers is March 18th. 

I found these cute colored digital images at Sunflower Friends recently and have been having more fun trying out different sketches and making cards with them.  These images have also challenged me to use some different cardstock colors, I like that!   The sentiment is a freebie that Sandy was giving away on her blog in February, there's a bunny that goes with it too.   My layout is Splitcoast Stampers SC#300, the cardstock colors I've used are Via Linen Violet, Stampin' Up! Apricot Appeal, Papertrey Ink Lavender Moon & Mohawk Color Copy Bright White.  I used a couple of Cuttlebug embossing folders and a Spellbinders rectangle die to cut the image out.  


My second card also uses a colored digital image by Sunflower Friends, I cut the Easter Basket out with a Spellbinders rectangle die, printed another of Sandy's digital sentiments on the green cardstock and followed Splitcoast Stampers SC#314  for my card layout.   The patterned paper is digital and comes in the set and my other cardstock colors are Discount Cardstock's Royal Blue, The Papermill.com Light Pine, Papertrey Ink Lavender Moon & Mohawk Color Copy Bright White. 

Challenges:
Fairy Tale Challenges - For A Child
Stampin' For The Weekend - Springtime 
Lexi's Creations - Easter 
Creative Belli - Animals 
Scrapbook Sisters - Easter Animals 
Send A Smile 4 Kids - Anything Goes 
The Cheerful Stamp Pad - Is It Spring Yet? 
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired By Animals 

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Great Easter cards Jan! Really like both of the images too. So cute and pretty.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hello
this is a very nice card and a sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
*Karla**

Claire said...

Two super Easter cards hun - love them. Hugs, Claire x

lalkygirl said...

2 fabulous easter cards ,love the bunny and sentiment ,the colours on the egg card are lovely ,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Joanne (jojot) said...

Fabulous work....when you have a chance could you give me some idea for which Copics you used on the skirt of the bunny.....I have such trouble getting a beige/yellowish tone....

Bonnie Weiss said...

I'm sure these sweet cards will be well appreciated by the service people who get to use them.

Carol L said...

These cards are both great, but that bunny image on the first is just too stinkin' CUTE!!! I love them both!!

Mari K. said...

Wonderful card, thanks so much for entering the challenge at the Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog.

BarbaraW said...

So cute. Thanks for sharing your card with the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Bianca said...

Both cards are so very lovely! I can´t say whats my fav. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Carrie said...

Fabulous Easter cards. I love the basket and colors.

PokSa said...

Fantastic! I love your style. Beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
Hugs Sandra

Vicki Romaine said...

I love your Spring basket on your card. The colors are so cheerful. Thanks for joining "Is It Spring Yet?" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. I hope you will return often for future challenges.