Monday, April 25, 2011

Bullfrogs & Butterflies by Designed 2 Delight


I've come across the Delightful Inspiration blog several times now and really enjoy looking at the eye candy and love the images that they're using.  The challenge is different than I've ever participated in too.  My understanding is you buy the first challenge image and participate to get the next weeks challenge image e mailed to you free.  If you keep up and play every week you have a new image to work with every week.  Sounds like fun to me, I hope I can keep up!

For my card today I used the Designed 2 Delight Bullfrogs & Butterflies set, the cute image is colored with Copic markers BV17, BV15, BV11, E44, E43, E42, E41, E40, V0000, V12, B12, BG11, BG10, R24, R22, R21, R20, YG17, YG13, YG11, YG05, YG03, YG01, YG0000, G99.  

My layout is this weeks Operation Write Home Stars & Stripes sketch #66.  Cardstock colors are Neenah Solar White & Red Linen, Via Violet Linen & Bazzill ??? tan.  I also used a Spellbinders oval and scalloped oval for the sentiment that comes in the set, added a white organdy ribbon bow to bring some more balance to my card.  The embossing folder I used on the red strip is made by Sizzix but I'm not sure what it's called.   

Challenges:
Delightful Inspirations - Progressive Challenge

21 comments:

jimlynn said...

Jan, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one! Soooooooo CUTE!
Lynn

Julie said...

Super cute card, Jan! I love how you used that right panel for a large image. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Bonnie Weiss said...

MMMMM...love this colour combo, Jan.

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, what an adorable card. I always love to look at your cards. The colrs are great and I love the ribbon also. Cute sentiment piece. Thank you for sharing

Marilyn said...

This is so cute... it's a 'feel good' card! No matter what you use it for, it's going to make you feel good!

Peggysue said...

Welcome to the D2D challenges Jan! We are so glad you found us. Your card is adorable, love how you dotted the ground! Thanks for playing along with us at Designed2Delight. Keep coming back!

Paula S. said...

Fabulous card Jan! I love that you used the nice big image the way you did. It really makes the sketch look totally different than just using a patterned/solid paper.

Chris Hanselman said...

Love the way you colored the image. Thanks for taking part in NettieG's Bugs and Plants challenge

Chris
Lead Designer

Brenda said...

Such a cute card Jan! I love your bright colours! Bound to make someone happy!

Lauri said...

Your cards are always gorgeous but I really love the bright colors of this one!

Unknown said...

This card is so hoppy...I mean happy! I like the way you dotted the ground. Sounds like the challenge you mention is like the Hambo Hoedown Challenge. I'll have to check this one out too.

Linda said...

Sweet card! Love the colors you used. Would make a great get well card, it is such a happy card! TFS!!!

Sherry Hickey said...

Darling card, Jan!! What a cute image; must check out that challenge blog! Love the colors, ribbon and how you interpreted the sketch!

ThePurplePlace said...

I LOVE this! I have never heard of this blog, but it sounds kind of fun!

After seeing this cute image, I may have to check it out and see how it works!!
Hugs,
Lisa


PS: I colored my first Hannah Lynn image today and tried using all BV Copic Colors, it was a ton of FUN and I owe it all to you and Dana at The Outlawz for her fantastic video! :)

Jen M said...

Love how bright and cheerful your card is! That image is adorable!

terrie said...

I like the bright colors that you used..well done

Unknown said...

I just love the cheeriness of it!! The bright colors you used and the cute sentiment. Fabulous card!!
Thank you also for joining us in the Corrosive Challenge.
Hugs..Debra

Samantha said...

Your card is so cute Jan! I love the frog and your coloring!! I really like the embossed piece on the end..I have the same folder but can can never seem to get it to look nice.

Jen Leeflang said...

What a pretty little card AND so beautifully coloured! Thanks so much for entering into our challenge at Nettie G's Digital Gems!
luv n huggz
jen
NGDG DT member

Kathy said...

Glad you've joined the fun at Delightful Inspiration Jan. Your card is just too cute. Hope to see you back next week!

Faith S. said...

I love your card layout, and the "ground" you created for this image! Awesome card!! It's great to have you join my image challenge!