Monday, April 4, 2011

Toby by The Stamp Fairy


I have more than one blog post today!  

This is my first one though...  We have a new challenge starting today at Stamps R Us, the theme is Easter and our wonderful prize sponsor is Gerda of The Stamp Fairy, I just love her cute digital images!

For my challenge card I used Toby, I thought he was so cute coloring Easter eggs with a paint brush.  I tried some new Copic color combinations with this image.  Toby's body is E11, E13 & E15.  The blue "paint" is BG01 & BG05, the green is an old stand by for me but got kind of darker than I was planning YG11, YG13, YG17.  

I kept my layout very simple to show off Toby.  When I use Toby in the future I'll print him a little smaller I think.  The cardstock colors are Via Vellum Leaf Green, Astro Brights Turquoise, Neenah Solar White & my striped paper is a digital that was in the pile beside my paper trimmer.  Clear Dollar Stamps maybe? 

I hope you'll join us for our Easter challenge at Stamps R Us and I also hope you'll be inspired and go visit Gerda at The Stamp Fairy to see all of her fun digital images!

Challenges:
Stamps R Us - Easter
Bee Crafty - Easter
Little Claire's - Spring Celebrations

6 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi Jan
Love your card, those colors are stunning.
hugs Marilyn

jimlynn said...

What a cute, bright, and cheerful card for Easter!! Just precious. Love those colors.
Lynn

Georgina said...

Lovely card. Cute bear image. I like the layout you have used. Lovely spring colour combination.

Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a sweet little bear, he looks like he is going to get in trouble. Love it and the colors are perfect. Have a wonderful evening.

jojoscraps said...

Hi Jan
I'm so happy to see that Maxine is home and well.
I love the colors you've used for your card. Your coloring is perfect and I really like the border.
Jo xx

Carrie said...

what a cute easter card! I love the bright blue you used as the bg.