Thursday, June 30, 2011

Inspired Stamps Girl Praying/Lamentations 3:41


I have a sweet card using Inspired Stamps to share with you today.  I used the clear stamp called Praying Girl and the clear stamp called Lamentations 3:41 to make my card.  I stamped the Praying Girl with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored her with Copic markers YR24, YR21, Y21, YR000, E00, E000, R20, BG34, BG32, BG11, B23, B21 and a white gel pen.  

I didn't have any cardstock to match my Copic markers so I used the BG32 & BG34 on a piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock.  Spritzed the clear stamp with Copic blender solution and stamped.  It didn't work so well so I inked the stamp with Tuxedo Black and tried again, with a much better result.

My layout is an old favorite, the other cardstock I used is Via Vellum Black.  I added strips of white half pearls to the black strips of cardstock and have a cute finished card that will go into the Operation Write Home box that sits on my desk. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Creative Craft Challenge - Make Your Own Backing Paper

7 comments:

~Antoinette (inspired stamps) said...

Love it! The white dots are perfect!! Great use of background stamps!

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

I love how you made your own designer paper! It looks great and I just love the colors!

B said...

Great job! Don't you love it when our "oopsies" turn into cutsies?

farmhouse-story said...

oh, she's darling and i love the bkgd!

Sherry Hickey said...

Beautiful card, Jan! I love how you used Antoinette's precious stamp.

sandra's crafty corner said...

fantastic hun thanks for joinig us at creative craft challenges and good luck
hugs sandra ccc dt

Amy Pitts said...

I am loving the color on this. The background you made with the stamps is also fantastic and all the pearls. adorable.