Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Papertrey Ink Take 3 Summer


Last Saturday afternoon I pulled out some of my ink pads and Papertrey Ink acrylic stamps and did some stamping, what fun!  I even did a little heat embossing trying to get the white sentiment to pop.  

Each of my cards uses the Papertrey Ink Take 3 Summer acrylic stamp set and the Take 3 die matching die.  The sentiments are from Michael's $$$ bin.


I had the chance to play with a sketch I C.A.S.E.d from a lady named Dana who inspired me a few months ago.  I used Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders on each card.  I've come to the conclusion I like the Sizzix embossing folders the best because they cover the entire card front there aren't any unembossed (spell check doesn't like my new word) edges left. 


I decided to try a different layout for the three images for my last card, still using the same stamp set.  I really like the Papertrey Ink Take 3 die.  It's much easier to stamp with the clear stamp once the square is cut out rather than to stamp and then cut like you might with Spellbinders dies.  What I really think is neat about this die is you can use the negative part as a template to line up your three in a row images.

I even tried this die with digital images but you'll have to wait until June 24th to see those. 

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:

3 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Fab little set of cards - love the colours
Lisa x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fab cards. Love the texture and great layout!!

Melanie - The Paper Retreat said...

Beautiful cards. I love how simple and clean they look - very classic!!! Melanie
http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com