Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sassy Cheryl's Ladybug Flower


I have a color challenge card to share with you today!
Our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps is to use the colors purple and green on your card.

I did a lot of experimenting on this card from coloring to Versamark to distressing.  This cute image is from Sassy Cheryl's and it's called Ladybug Flower and is colored with Copic markers BV0000, BV000, BV01, E44, E43, E42, E41, E40, R27, R24, R22, G82, G40 a white gel pen, Copic multiliners Black 0.5, 0.3 & Sepia multiliners 0.5 & 0.3.  

I used Spellbinders dies, Ovals, Labels and a tag die.  The green panel is stamped with an old Stampin' Up! background stamp in Memento Tuxedo black and distressed.  The black panel is stamped with Versamark using a Stampin' Up! Friends definition background stamp, also retired I'm sure.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set and I added some purple organdy ribbon to the sentiment tag.  Cardstock colors are Kraft, Via Vellum Black, Via Vellum Leaf Green, Discount Cardstock's Cobalt (?) and Neenah Solar White.

I hope you'll join us for our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps and play along!   

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Color challenge, Purple & Green
2 Sisters Challenge - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - Things With Wings
Crafty Emma's - Embossing
Shannon's Sentiments - Purple, Green, Black & White, Must Say Friend (my black panel is stamped in Versamark with the SU Friend Definition background stamp)
Card Cupids - Ribbon or Fibers
Kenny K's - Fabulous Florals

12 comments:

Misty said...

Oh W0W! this is spectacular!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Dana said...

I love your colors on this! It really pops : )
Hugs x

Shannon White said...

Love your Card Miss Jan! This is soo Adorable, and you know I just love little ladybugs! 8-)

Hugs!
Shannon

Linda said...

Great card! It is all good!

Carol L said...

I absolutely LOVE this card with those vibrant colored papers and soft coloring of the image! The contrast is amazing and that die is next on my wish list! Beautiful!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Love it!! Such a cute stamp and love how you colored it and the layout.

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Beautiful card. I love the contrast in colors. You do such a wonderful job coloring your images. One day I hope to gain that skill. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

Paul said...

I love the layered nesties - now I need that label set so I can recreate it!
TFS
Paul

Louise Fox said...

Jan, you have outdone yourself with this one. As several have mentioned, this card has such a lovely contrast and it pops and is soft at the same time. Really fab! Blessings.

Fleur said...

Such a sweet image, a fab card
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Linda said...

What a beautiful card...love the way you have framed this cute image!!
Thank you for joining us at Shannon's Sentiments for my challenge.

CARO said...

I adore this image! Thanks for posting the Copics you used...