Monday, July 11, 2011

Heart Song Designs Poppies


We have a new challenge starting today at the Stamps R Us challenge blog!  Our sponsor for this challenge is Heart Song Designs.  Our Stamps R Us design team have had the pleasure of using Heart Song Designs digital images, what a treat!  Leah has a collection of wonderful digital images you really should see.

For my card I used Poppies and colored them with Copic markers R39, R37, R35, R32, YG67, YG63, YG61, E44, E43.  Cut them out with a Spellbinders Mega Oval and matted with the Mega Oval Scallops die.  My sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink Take Three Fall stamp set and on the Papertrey Ink Banner die (I think).  

I used a different for me Copic red combination to color the poppies and found I didn't have cardstock or patterned papers that coordinated so I made my own.  I colored with the Red Copic markers on a 1/4 sheet of Neenah Solar White cardstock, added a little air brushing to it to try and smooth some of the overlapping edges.  I next spritzed my Penny Black Circular Design background stamp with Copic blending solution and stamped.  Holding the stamp down longer than I normally would if I'd "inked" it.  The colorless blending solution removes color and I really like this effect, it's kind of like a bleaching technique.   

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Stamps R Us - Through The Garden Gate

12 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Gorgeous Jan, your coloring is amazing! Those flowers look so real.
hugs
Marilyn

jimlynn said...

Jan, this is probably one of the prettiest cards I've EVER seen! Your coloring is just gorgeous and love how you did the background! So pretty.....(in fact, it's so beautiful, I thought I'd give my hand a try at coloring these wonderful poppies....mine isn't any where close to this pretty, but I'll post it later in the week).
Lynn

Tammy said...

WOW Jan this is gorgeous!! I LOVE the rich colors and your fabulous bg!
Hugs, Tammy

Tammy said...

WOW Jan this is gorgeous!! I LOVE the rich colors and your fabulous bg!
Hugs, Tammy

Carol L said...

WOW Jan! I'm going to have to switch from my current favorite Copic red combo to what you used here! These flowers look so realistic it's amazing! I love the dp too. This is just stunning!

Lisa Jane said...

oh i just love poppies - these are stunning
Lisa x

Leah said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the red and your coloring is fabulous!

Cora said...

Fabulous card. I hate working with the reds. I can never get it right. Your background technique was very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Kathy and Lucky said...

Now that my jaw is not on the ground (that was the thud you heard), this is pure gorgeousness!!! Your coloring with Copics is amazing, I love your card.

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Jan this is Really Gorgeous! Love your Amazing coloring! I do agree, those poppies look so real! And I love your custom BG too .. Soo creative and pretty!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Cathy P in AZ said...

Poppies - LOVE. All that RED - LOVE LOVE. Your card & mad coloring skills - LOVE LOVE LOVE! :)

Melissa Czapor said...

Your coloring is INCREDIBLE!!! Blessings and hugs!!