Thursday, September 15, 2011

Clear Dollar Stamps Sentimental Quilt


It's the middle of September already and time for Clear Dollar Stamps new release digital images!  

For my first card today I used Sentimental Quilt in the pre-colored version and one of the digital papers that come in the set. This quick cute card is going in my birthday card stash.

I have a supply list below for you today:
Stamps/Images:  Clear Dollar Stamps Sentimental Quilt
Cardstock/Papers:  Basic Black, Stampin’ Up! Orchid Opulence, Mohawk Bright White, Digital paper that comes in this set
Inks/Markers:  HP OfficeJet 6000
Accents/Tools:  Spellbinders Circles dies


My second card uses the new digital stamp set Sunshine & Smiles.  I'm so glad I was able to use this wonderful digital image because I love sun flowers and it was really fun to color.  I used Copic markers and experimented a little with the darker background using B41 and was thankful I could blend it out.  Those darker backgrounds always scare me!  


Supply List:

Stamps/Images: Clear Dollar Stamps Sunshine & Smiles
Cardstock/Papers:  Nut Brown, Sorbet Lemon Yellow, Copic X Press It blending card
Inks/Markers:  HP OfficeJet 6000, HP LaserJet 2050, Copic Makers – Y11, Y15, Y17, Y19, B41, B0000, Co, E43, E44, E17, E25, E29, E53, E99, YG67, YG63, YG03
Accents/Tools:  Sizzix Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder, Spellbinders ribbon slide die, We R Memory Keepers 1/8th inch corner chomper

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
4 Crafty Chicks - Embossing
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Shelly's Images - Anything Goes
Papercraft Star - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Sandy said...

WOW! Both cards are just great but I REALLY love your coloring on the sunflower card! It's just flat out BEAUTIFUL! I need some lessons from you!!!!

Karen Howard said...

Hi Jan, both your cards are stunning! That sentiment goes perfect with the quilt and your coloring and sky are perfection on the sunflowers and fence! Love all the detail and texture, really beautiful!

Tracy said...

That is one gorgeous coloring job Jan! Beautiful card and the background looks terrific. :-) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

Deb said...

Beautiful cards!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Embossing Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Beautiful card!

Runnergirl Creations said...

Nice work! Love the details!

Linda Anderson said...

Two beautiful cards here Jan!!! The black really makes your quilt card pop!! And those sunflowers are absolutely colored wonderfully!! I love 'em!

Linda

Lori Turner said...

Both cards are gorgeous, but the second one is my fav!!! Wow, you colored those so well...they just come to life! Thanks for joining our embossing challenge this week at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Nancy M said...

LOVE these cards! The sunflowers are wonderful, as they really do come to life, as another gal said and I LOVE the sentiment. I always enjoy your beautiful work. Have a great weekend! Nance

Tamie said...

Loving both cards but your flowers are so beautifully colored that they look so real. I love the embossing folder you used, it has just the right amount of pop for the back ground. THank you so much for sharing your beautiful creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Min said...

Jan - this sunflower card is just GORGEOUS!! Love it with the darker background too! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Shelly's Images "Show Us What You GOT" Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations