Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran's Day 2011

Happy Veteran's Day -



There is an Operation Write Home Veteran's Day blog hop that starts today, you can click the badge above to take you to the first stop on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog.


My cards today were a fun project the for the Girls Ministry at our church.  I was asked by our Girls Ministry leader if I'd like to do a project with the girls for Veteran's Day.  She knows I love to make cards and support Operation Write Home...


In an effort to keep it simple for all age groups I chose to use one of Sandy Allnock's fun digital images of her dog Ciara for the girls to color.  I printed the image and sentiment on white card stock and cut them apart and scored them.  That's what the two cards in the photo are on.  We will also be writing "Any Hero" letters in our cards.

  I colored two of the cards to use as examples with Copic markers:  R29, R27, R24, B24, B28, E04, E02, YR21, E34, E35, T5, T3, T1. 


All the cards we colored will be going to Heroes at the VA Hospital in Prescott Arizona.


Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Celebrate The Occasion - Veteran's Day
The Stamping Boutique - Home of The Brave
Just Inspirational Challenges - Remembrance Day

19 comments:

Chriss America Real said...

Wow! Hi, I am a new follower, would you come follow me back? I saw your card on "The Stamping Boutique" this is just lovely coloring! I finished the Introduction to Copic Coloring and now I am taking Copic Coloring 1 but I don't think my coloring is as good as yours! I am so impressed. Also, how do you print digis on to card stock? Now I am wondering if my printer does that. I have an Epson Artisan 810. Sorry this has gotten so long, I am just really impressed with your work!

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Sandy S said...

Wonderful cards Jan! Great copic work on them too!

Thanks for playing along at The Stamping Boutique...

Sandy
TSB DT

Linda said...

What a sweet sentiment! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card!

Julia said...

I love the cards! Your coloring is great. Thnanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique. Hugs, Julia

Laurie said...

Very cute card! Thanks for playing with us at CTO!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Nicely done, thanks for joining CTO!

Melissa said...

Nicely done, thanks for joining CTO!

Charlotte said...

This is just as cute as ever. Thanks for loining CTO. Charlotte

Miranda said...

gorgeous little cards Jan, very cute
thanks for joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
TSB DT

Kathy D. said...

OH I love that stamp! How cute. You should enter that in at For Fun Challenges.

Trail of Treasures said...

Oh my goodness!! Love that image and clever sentiment - the doggie is so super adorable!! Thanks for celebrating Veteran's Day with us this week!

Hugs,
Tracey - CTO DT member
www.trailoftreasures.com

DIANA L. said...

Great coloring, very cute card.
Thank you for joining us this week at Celebrate the occasion.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Caroline said...

Lovely card, your colouring's beautiful, thanks for joining in with our challenge this week at Just Inspirational.

Caroline xx

girlia said...

Wow! Amazing job. Love your coloring.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What a sweet CAS card, love your image! Thanks for sharing with us this week @ CTO :)

Esther said...

Awww!!!! Very cute!
Thanks for joining us at CTO!

Unknown said...

Brilliant, thankyou for joining us at Just Inspirational this week
Kate xxx

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Super cute Jan, thanks so much for playing at THE STAMPING BOUTIQUE this time!