Saturday, February 25, 2012

Adventures In Extreme Couponing

Learning As I Go...

Hello, I'm learning how to use coupons to save money on our groceries and having lots of fun with a little frustration thrown in to keep it interesting.


Today I wanted to be sure to tell you about Sunday Coupon Preview, it's a very cool website that has previews of what coupon inserts will be in the Sunday newspapers for the entire year, you know Red Plum, Smart Source, General Mills, etc.   Each week they also give a printed preview of what coupons will be in the coming Sunday newspaper inserts.  

I have a coupon shopping adventure for you today, it's one that was kind of discouraging.  I saw a great deal in the Family Dollar sale flyer for laundry soap and happened to have a couple of high value coupons to make the deal even better.  I was so excited!  I collected my coupons and headed for Family Dollar, picked up two laundry soaps and headed for the check out.  After ringing up my order and giving my 2 coupons to the clerk I was told they can only use one coupon on the laundry soap per transaction.  Oh... I politely asked if she'd take off the one laundry soap I'd have to pay full price for and went home with my one laundry soap that was a deal.  It didn't occur to me at the time to ask if I could do a separate transaction for the second laundry soap or that Walmart will price match that same size laundry soap for Family Dollar's price.  Like I said I'm learning as I go...

On a happy note I did go into Basha's to shop their ad specials with my coupons, they didn't have everything on the shelf but I did get some of the goodies I'd come in for and walked out with a canvas bag full of deals for $3.81. 

No comments: