Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hambo Stamps Apple Eaten


I'm playing along in the Hambo Hoedown again this week using their fun Apple Eaten image times four!  
You might be wondering why four?  Well...  that's what "The Bacon Bits" are challenging us with - using four of something on our cards.  It could be embellishments, papers, images, etc., as long as there are four.

The image for this weeks challenge if you played along last is called Candles and if you didn't play along you can buy it here.


I know I always say this but... my card was really fun to make - I was going to color the apples red then decided to do something unexpected and use green, my favorite color.  I colored the apples with Copic markers YG01, YG21, YG23, E44, E42, E40, T3,T5.  The papers used are Copic X Press It, Via Vellum Leaf Green & Basic Black, the patterned paper was printed on Mohawk Bright White Color Copy 110 lb cover stock and is from Digital Delights by Louby Loo's Spring Has Sprung digital paper pack.  I also used a Papertrey Ink scalloped edge die, black grossgrain ribbon and a couple of stamps from the Lil Inker's set Rainbow & Cloud Sentiments.

Hey, did you hear?!!! 
My Nerd card won Best In Show again last week in the Hambo Hoedown, how fun!
Here it is again in case you didn't get to see it -

 
Have a blessed weekend and I'll see you again next week, thanks for visiting my blog -

Challenges:
Hambo Hoedown - Four of Something
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes
The Pixie Cottage - Green & Gorgeous
Art With No Boundaries - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Oh La La - Bold & Bright
Stamp With Fun - Favorite Colors
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrappin' Corner - Anything Goes With A Splash of Green


14 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so colorful. I adore this image
You should enter in my weekly challenge it really fits
Hugs

Dan said...

This is a really fun card, and all the greens make it really apple-y! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Unknown said...

This is so very Cute.
I just love it.
Thanks for Entering the Challenge
At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

Good Luck the Winner will be announced on Sunday Evening.

I hope to see you enter next week!!

Michelle said...

Hi

Wow, fab card!! I love the bright green colour. Great make for the challenge. Your Nerd card is fantastic too!

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Shirley-Anne said...

I prefer Granny Smith apples so the green apples were a hit with me .A delightful card and one worth sharing on Make it Monday , thank you , Jan. .

Candy C said...

Your card is really cute! The white and green together really pops. Great job of coloring the apples! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Judy Rozema said...

Love green apples! My favorite! Superb coloring! Thanks for joining us again at the Hoedown!

Pat said...

Super fun card, thanks for sharing with us at OLLCB this week.

Pat xx

suzARTe said...

such lovely cards and beautifully coloured in. I love all the lovely papers as well. What a fun challenge to include four of something.

Thanks so much for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

Beverly said...

Wow! Love all those shades of green. Thanks for joining us at the hoedown!

uksharon said...

Great colouring - love them both.
Thanks for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Unknown said...

Hehe fab cards and great sentiments!
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week...good luck!
Lizy DT x

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Jan, This is such a pretty card, you could also say perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us in our Anything Goes challenge on Art With No Boundaries. Hope to see you drop by again.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Fielding said...

Nice apple stamps thanks fro sharing Bold Red Copy Xstamper Stock Stamp