Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Homemade Copic Carrying Case


I have a fun project to share with you today!

I'm going to a Copic Intermediate Certification class in Las Vegas this weekend and didn't want to take all my Copic markers.  I received an e mail from Copic with a list of the markers we'd be using if we'd like to bring our own, who wouldn't love to use their own?! 


I've been collecting Crystal Light containers, my daughter who's 12 years old picked out the fancy Duct tape for me.  The only other thing I used was double faced foam tape to stick the Crystal Light containers together before I wrapped them all in Duct tape.

I saw a container like this a lady had made when I was in Phoenix for a Copic class last year and thought it was pretty neat.  Her handles were attached a little different,  living in a very small town I couldn't find the fasteners so I had to make do. 

I think it will hold my Copic markers and the few little extras like my glasses and cotton balls and a very small bottle of Isoprophyl Alcohol nicely.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

11 comments:

Cassie said...

That's brilliant, Jan! Have a wonderful time at the certification class :D

Melissa Czapor said...

Love the case!! Have a blast at your class!! I can't wait to see what you learn!! Hugs!!

Misty said...

Very creative Jan! Gotta love Duct tape! Have fun on your trip.

jimlynn said...

Great idea and VERY cute!
Lynn

judy anderson said...

That is pretty cute.

Jennifer said...

This is such a clever idea! Love how you used duck tape and those old containers are just perfect for the job!

Paula S. said...

Great reuse and I love all the fun new duct tapes they are making now. Have a great weekend Jan!

Ann said...

An awesome project! I think I will have to start collecting Crystal Light containers!! Thanks for sharing and have fun in Vegas!!

Unknown said...

Super clever! I imagine Vegas is a rather distracting place to learn to color. Make sure and show off what you learn right here. None of this "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" stuff LOL.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

What a great idea Jan! Love the case :D

Debbie said...

This is a great idea! I'm going to do something similar.