Sunday, September 2, 2012

Dee's Bugaboo Boutique & Basic Grey


My card today is for our Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Our Daily Bread Designs challenge.  The challenge is to use an Inspirational Quote or Scripture on your card. The neat thing about the challenge is Our Daily Bread Designs picks up the shipping costs for one box of OWH cards when 25 cards are entered in to the challenge - up to 2 boxes sent to our troops free each month.  

My first card uses Basic Grey Marrakech papers and a free digital image from Dee's Bugaboo Boutique.  If you like Scripture Word Art you'll love visiting her blog!  I also used Spellbinders Circles and Scalloped Circles as well as some black organdy ribbon. 

I looked around for a sketch to use for this project and was thrilled to find a bunch on Pinterest.  I actually went a little crazy and mass produced several cards using different patterned papers and verses.  

Here's the sketch:


My second card uses Basic Grey Lime Rickey patterned papers and another digital image from Dee's Bugaboo Boutique.

I cut out the sentiment with Cheery Lynn Designs French Flair dies and added black organdy ribbon.
I can't forget the Papertrey Ink envelope liner die.  It's a great way to dress up a card and use just a little more of that patterned paper I've been hoarding.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge
Word Art Wednesday - Scripture or Uplifting Verse
Great Impressions - Sentimental Journey

6 comments:

AllisonG said...

I love your cards, especially because they use 2 of my favorite collections from Basic Grey!

Dixie Cochran said...

Your lovely sentiments look perfect on these cards. Those papers and the design set a great stage for them.

Karen Letchworth said...

Jan: First, I want to tell you what a treat it is to know how much you love the Lord Jesus Christ. Sharing our love of crafting with other Christians is SUCH a treat, and I thank you SO MUCH for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday and blessing us with your fellowship. Now, on to your art.......WOW! This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Jan. You have used such bright fun colors, and this sentiment is just wonderful. What an awesome addition to our challenge. It blesses my heart to have you share your art that expresses your love for Him. I SO look forward to seeing more of your creations in the weeks to come. Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful week filled with His love and goodness.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Carol L said...

Both cards look amazing Jan! I love love love those colorful papers you chose!

Shanna Shands said...

Great card. I love all the colors. Thanks for playing along with Great Impressions.

Shanna Shands said...

Great card. I love all the colors. Thanks for playing along with Great Impressions.