Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mason Jars - Home Decor

Mason Jars aren't just for canning anymore -


While being wonderfully functional for canning and food storage mason jars old or new are also fun to use for home decor. 

I used some of my vintage mason jars to decorate the "mantel" below our t.v., I simply filled them with fall themed potpourri and put their tops back on.  

 
I filled some of my old Drey jars from the 1930's with candy corn and caramels.
Did you know that Ball Co. bought out Drey Glass Co. and  manufactured Drey mason jars during the depression as a less expensive canning jar?  In doing this they didn't have to lower the price of their Ball jars.  Drey mason jars were never advertised as being made by Ball.


Since it's October I thought eyeballs in a jar would be fun along with more candy corn and caramels in my old and new Ball mason jars.


Now that you've seen all the pieces and parts here's what my autumn display looks like.

When the season changes to Christmas I'll see if I can come up with more fun ways to use my new and old mason jars for more holiday home decor.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Link Party's:

5 comments:

BeanBugCrafts said...

Very Cute! I have several of the vintage mason jars and I love them! I use them for storage in my craft room. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!

Anna @ Bean bug Crafts

Cindy said...

Very classy. I agree, canning jars are for many things!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Adorable use of canning jars, thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week and I hope we see you back again next time!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

Unknown said...

I love Mason jars and keep one full of shooter marbles. They are most beautiful when full of freshly canned produce--particularly if done by one's grandmother.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I use mason jars all over my house too!