Friday, January 25, 2013

Paper Smooches Zoo Crew


I have a quick cute card to share today using Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps sketch challenge #156 and I also was working on applying the OWH Design Bootcamp ABC's of Color rules.  Hmmm...

I chose this cute giraffe from the Paper Smooches Zoo Crew clear stamp set because it's long and narrow just like the panel in the sketch.  The giraffe is colored with Copic markers:

B0000, B01
E50, E51, E33
YR21, YR24, YR14
BV02

I tried applying the rules of color for my color choices and was doing pretty well until I saw that scrap of striped pattern paper made by Stampin' Up! years ago.  The blue and yellow in the striped paper are complementary colors but the blue and green are coordinating also known as analogous.  This whole thing started out with a scrap of Stampin' Up! Apricot Appeal and it does go with the striped paper but then after I saw the striped paper I didn't  have a use for the apricot paper.  I'm so glad Paula is in charge of the Design Bootcamp because I'd just further confuse us all!

Here's the sketch:


Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

6 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OH...it's perfect and adorable rolled up into one and great for OWH.

Lisa Oliver said...

Ah...the color dilemma. When all else fails frame with black...I learned that from a very talented stamping friend (and her initials are JH) LOL

Paula S. said...

LOL, you're too funny Jan! On my monitor the colors in the striped paper come across as tans and blues and browns, which would fall into colors found in nature... It makes me think of the beach... Sand and sea! It's adorable. :)

Sybrina K said...

Jan,

Your cards always make me smile -- and this one is no exception. It's just adorable!

You have such a knack for pairing just the right papers with a fabulous image and a perfect sentiment.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

I love seeing the use of SU products. I think I actually have some of that striped card stock. Great job.

Linda said...

Adorable as always! tfs!!!