Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Whipper Snapper Easter Bunnies


My card today is for our Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Midweek Throwdown challenge!
Our challenge theme this week is to make Easter cards since the deadline is coming soon.

I love these Whipper Snapper Bunnies and wanted to use Splitcoaststampers Sketch #413 for my card layout.  My only regret with this card is the colors on my computer screen aren't true.  The card stock colors are Papertrey Ink Hibiscus, Via Vellum Leaf Green & Black, Discount Card Stock's Cobalt, and Copic X Press It Blending Card.

Copic Markers:
Basket - E41, E42, E43
Grass/Carrot Tops - YG01, YG13, YG25
Noses & Ears - RV00, RV02, RV04
Carrots - YR65, YR68
Easter Eggs - B41, B21, B23, V01, V12, V15
Bunnies - W0, W1
Background/Outline - B0000, B01

I also used a couple embossing folders for texture and a We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Splitcoaststampers - Sketch 314

10 comments:

AllisonG said...

I love your color combo - very spring like!

kssdesigns said...

You have some amazing coloring skills! And the color combo is amazing even if the computer doesn't do it justice. I haven't seen a Whipper Snapper image in quite a while and this one is so darling!

Unknown said...

Those whipper snapper bunnies are too cute! I love it!

Jen M said...

This is so cute and the bright colors just scream 'spring!' Great job, Jan!

Cindy's Card Co said...

Now I know where I got these bunnies!! I couldn't remember where I got them from. Ha Ha! Thank you, thank you. I have mine posted on my blog. Love your card. Love my bunnies!

Robin said...

The colors may not be true, but they sure are pretty, and I love the image.

Kristie said...

Jan, you have such a gift for coloring. Those bunnies are simply adorable. I love how simply, yet so detailed your card is and such fun colors.

Nancy Keller said...

Those are some funny bunnies :) love them! How cute and colorful for Easter!

Unknown said...

Really adorable, I love the bright colors and the embossing adds that extra special touch!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Jan -- Your coloring amazes me. I really like the little bunnies - they are so cute with their little carrots. I like the combination of embossing folders - gives the card a very Spring look.