Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wax Fruit Co. Just The Car



We have a new challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps that starts today, our theme is Transportation and I have my card ready ahead of time.

I've had this digital image from Wax Fruit Company for awhile now, it's actually been minimized on a Publisher page on my computer screen ready to print the perfect size for this sketch.  How's that for a reminder that I REALLY want to use this image and sketch?!  

I'm so happy with the way my card turned out, I love this image and it is perfect for this sketch by Mary Williams too.  I have a feeling that this is one of those sketches that.... well you know!

I used Copic markers to color the image:  BG11, BG23, BG13, C0, C1, BG0000, BG10, YG11, R27, R46, R59, T3, T5, Y000.  I tried something new I learned from Jennifer at Dove Art Studios with the windows.  I used YG11, BG10 & BG0000 in that order to color the windows so they look transparent.  

The papers used are Via Vellum Basic Black, Hero Arts Layering CS Bayou, Neenah Pewter, Copic X Press It.  Three red brads from my hoarded supplies, I haven't used brads in ages!  The DAD is a stamp by CC Rubber Stamps dated 1996.

I hope you have time to play in our Transportation themed challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps this week!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan, I just love these classic car images, and your coloring of them takes me back to the 50's. Very classic/classy.

Jen M said...

This is really cool, Jan! I love that sketch, too.

Kristie said...

This is a great sketch, especially for that stamp. Your coloring is just always so amazing! Awesome job!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love how the taillights are echoed in the brads!

Erika said...

Your waiting paid off in this great looking card! I love that the image is from behind and your coloring is so detailed. Very nicely done!

Becca-expressions said...

Thanks for the information on how you colored the windows. So glad you found the perfect sketch for this image!! :)

Cynthia T said...

Love, love this card! Retro, bold, simple, and perfect. The color of that car is awesome. Thanks for adding the sketch. It's a goody :)

Lee Mae said...

Great sketch and awesome coloring on the car. Love the color scheme!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

Fantastic card! I love how you repeated the taillights with the three brads

SusanS said...

I just love this card and how you coordinated the background and car color. Great sketch for this image!

Sybrina K said...

Jan, Another fabulous job of coloring! Love your interpretation of the sketch. Also love how the red brads pop out the car's tail lights.