Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Montana Agate Copper Cuff Bracelet


I think this is one of my favorite cuff bracelets my husband Rick has made recently.  

The agate came from my personal stash and has a story behind it.  My grandmother collected small stones from along the Yellowstone River and many other places she visited.  She and my grandfather were avid hunters and fishermen.  One of her brothers would cut and polish the rocks for her.  After she'd passed on my dad brought me a wash basin filled with her polished stones.  I wasn't real impressed at the time, lol.  He told me he knew I was the person that should have them because I could do something cool with them...  Now that they both are no longer with us it looks like we are doing just what he said.  My grandma Hunnicutt lived from 1902 - 2001 and I'm happy to have her polished rock collection and I even remember picking up rocks with her when I was a little girl.

This cuff bracelet is made from pure copper and has been antiqued and polished to bring out the natural beauty of the metal.  It's then treated with ProtectaClear to preserve the patina my husband gave it.

No comments: