Monday, December 5, 2016

African Opal & Copper Jewelry


We are in the midst of our outdoor event season here in Arizona and it's great to see old friends and meet new ones.  One of those old friends asked if I wanted to go to a gem and mineral show early on a Sunday morning while we were set up in Lake Havasu City at the swap meet.  I really wanted to go but didn't want to leave my husband Rick all by himself so I declined the invitation.

We waited till we were on our way home to stop by the gem and mineral show and with Marie's direction visited the booth where she acquired all her goodies.  

I discovered African Opal that day, also known as Aqua Terra Jasper.  It's a gorgeous pale blue green semi precious gem stone with a cream, brown and coppery matrix.  The more I work with this stone the more I love it!


I think this photo of the bracelet shows the colors better.


And a pair of African Opal earrings to tie it all together.

1 comment:

gbinion said...

What a beautiful stone!! I LOVE the necklace!!!