Monday, January 9, 2017

Natural Crazy Lace Agate Cross Necklace


I recently discovered carved stone crosses that I could use in jewelry projects.  This is a natural Crazy Lace Agate that's been carved into a cross with a hold drilled in the top so I could make a bail for it and put it on a necklace chain I made.  

The cross measures two inches in length so it's a nice sized piece.  I used copper wire to make a very simple bail to attach it to the Crazy Lace stone bead necklace that I made also using copper wire for the links.  It's finished with a copper hook and eye type closure I've been experimenting with.  The necklace chain is about 26" in length making it a good length to dress up or use for everyday casual wear.  I'd wear it with my jeans and a nice sweater.

The copper has been antiqued and polished to bring out the beauty of the metal then treated with ProtectaClear to maintain and protect the finish I gave it.

This piece will be available for sale on Sunday's at the London Bridge Swap Meet in Lake Havasu City, Az @ Arizona Copper Craft/Connection spaces 400 - 401.  If you are in the area stop by and see us!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

No comments: